Allison Chamberlain, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
Department of Epidemiology
Additional Contact Information
1518 Clifton Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
- PhD, Emory University, 2015
- MS, Georgetown University, 2007
- BA, University of Virginia, 2004
Dr. Chamberlain has a background in biodefense policy and public health preparedness. She serves as the Acting Director of the Emory Center for Public Health Preparedness and Research. Her research interests are in improving public health preparedness, maternal vaccination and vaccine promotion. She is also interested in the prevention of Legionnaires' Disease, a severe type of pneumonia caused by Legionella bacteria found in built water systems.
In addition, Dr. Chamberlain has served as an epidemiology consultant to the Fulton County Board of Health since 2017. In this role, she assists the health department with epidemiologic studies on HIV and STD prevention as well as emergency preparedness.
For Dr. Chamberlain's full academic bio, click here.
- Maternal and Child Health
- Public Health Preparedness and Response
- Group-Randomized Trials
- Chamberlain, A.T., Koram, A.L., Whitney, E.A., Berkelman, R.L., Omer, S.B., 2016, Lack of availability of Antenatal Vaccination Information on Obstetric Care Practice Web Sites., Obstetrics & Gynecology., 127, 119-26
- Chamberlain AT, Berkelman RL, Ault KA, Rosenberg ES, Orenstein WA, Omer SB, 2016, Trends in reasons for non-receipt of influenza vaccination during pregnancy in Georgia, 2004-2011. , Vaccine, [Epub ahead of print],
- Omer, S.B., Phadke, V.K., Bednarczyk, R.A., Chamberlain, A.T., Brosseau, J.L., Orenstein, W.A., 2015, Impact of Statins on Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness Against Medically Attended Acute Respiratory Illness, Journal of Infectious Disease, pii: jiv457,
- Chamberlain, A.T., Seib, K., Ault, K.A., Rosenberg, E.S., Frew, P.M., Cortés, M, Whitney, E.A.S., Berkelman, R.L., Orenstein, W.A., Omer, S.B. , 2015, Improving influenza and Tdap vaccination during pregnancy: a cluster-randomized trial of a multi-component antenatal vaccine promotion package in late influenza season. , Vaccine, ,
- Chamberlain, A.T., Seib, K., Ault, K.A., Orenstein, W. A., Frew, P. M., Malik, F., Cortés, M., Cota, P., Whitney, E.A.S., Flowers, L.C., Berkelman, R.L., Omer, S.B. , 2015, Factors Associated with Intention to Receive Influenza and Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccines during Pregnancy: A Focus on Vaccine Hesitancy and Perceptions of Disease Severity and Vaccine Safety., PLoS Currents: Outbreaks, 7,
- Chamberlain AT, Seib K, Wells K, Hannan C, Orenstein WA, Whitney EAS, Hinman AR, Berkelman RL, Omer SB., 2012, Perspectives of Immunization Program Managers during the 2009 – 2010 H1N1 Vaccination Campaign: Use of Existing Systems and Structures to Manage Vaccine and Collaborations with Emergency Preparedness Partners., Journal of Biosecurity and Bioterrorism, 10, 142-50