Allison Chamberlain, PhD
Research Associate Professor
Department of Epidemiology
Additional Contact Information
1518 Clifton Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
- PhD, Emory University, 2015
- MS, Georgetown University, 2007
- BA, University of Virginia, 2004
Dr. Chamberlain has a background in biodefense policy and public health preparedness. She serves as the Acting Director of the Emory Center for Public Health Preparedness and Research. Her research interests are in improving public health preparedness, maternal vaccination and vaccine promotion. She is also interested in the prevention of Legionnaires' Disease, a severe type of pneumonia caused by Legionella bacteria found in built water systems.
Dr. Chamberlain also directs the Emory COVID-19 Response Collaborative (ECRC). Established in June 2020 through a grant from the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, the mission of the ECRC is to put Rollins faculty, staff and students into the service of health department partners working to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in Georgia. Her leadership of the ECRC is informed tremendously by her work as an epidemiology consultant with the Fulton County Board of Health (FCBOH), a role which she has held since 2017. In her work with FCBOH, she assists the county with COVID and non-COVID-related data analysis needs while working to forge a stronger academic-public health partnership between Emory and the FCBOH.
For Dr. Chamberlain's full academic bio, click here.
- Maternal and Child Health
- Public Health Preparedness and Response
- Group-Randomized Trials
- Hargreaves AL, Nowak G, Frew P, Hinman AR, Orenstein WA, Mendel J, Aikin A, Nadeau JA, McNutt LA, Chamberlain AT, Omer SB, Randall LA, Bednarczyk RA, 2020, Adherence to Timely Vaccinations in the United States., Pediatrics, 145
- Harrington P, Onwubiko U, Qi M, Holland DP, Wortley P, Chamberlain AT, 2020, Factors associated with HIV seroconversion among women attending an urban health clinic in the South: a matched case control study., AIDS Patient Care and STDs, 34, 124-131
- Goggins ER, Chamberlain AT, Kim TG, Young MR, Jamieson DJ, Haddad LB, 2020, Patterns of screening, infection and treatment if Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhea in pregnancy, Obstetrics & Gynecology, 135, 799-807
- Crawford ND, Albarran T, Chamberlain A, Hopkins R, Josma D, Morris J, Onwubiko UN., 2020, Willingness to Discuss and Screen for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis in Pharmacies Among Men Who Have Sex With Men, J Pharm Pract
- Chamberlain AT, Limaye RJ, O’Leary ST, Frew PM, Brewer SE, Spina CI, Ellingson MK, Dudley MZ, Orenstein WA, Donnelly MA, Riley LE, Ault KA, Salmon DA, Omer SB. , 2019, Development and acceptability of a video-based vaccine promotion tutorial for obstetric care providers, Vaccine, 37, 2532-2536
- Loretan C, Chamberlain AT, Sanchez T, Zlotorzynska M, Jones J., 2019, Trends and characteristics associated with HPV vaccination uptake among young men who have sex with me in the United States, 2014 – 2017., Sex Transm Dis, 46, 465-473
- Boulet SL, Chamberlain AT, Biswas HH, Jamieson DJ, 2019, Trends in Infant Pertussis Hospitalizations in the United States, 2009 – 2017, JAMA, 322, 2134-2136